The GREATER DETROIT BAPTIST ASSOCIATION Seeks a Church Strengthener/Mobilizer*
*Replaces the Position of Associational Missionary (Director of Missions)
· Strengthen churches, and church plants by:
o Encouraging churches to commit themselves to Christ and to one another for accomplishing the mission of the local church.
o Developing a close relationship with pastors by giving encouragement and counsel.
o Offering assistance with training of church leadership.
o Assisting churches to develop a growth philosophy.
o Working closely with and advising pastorless churches.
o Assisting churches in mission education and coordination of mission team projects.
o Assisting with the development of educational programs using denominational resources.
o Encouraging and assisting the churches in making evangelism a priority.
o Encouraging and assisting the churches in making Christian Social Ministry a priority.
o Encouraging and assisting the churches in developing individual and cooperative stewardship.
o Work with other Strengthener/Mobilizers and Churches to promote joint ministry events.
o Encouraging and assisting church planters.
· Salary shall be provided by the Greater Detroit Baptist Association as Part Time Status, 16 hours per week, $1,000 per month
· Fringe benefits provided by Greater Detroit Baptist Association: $1,000 a year for travel expenses, $1,000 per year for ministry expenses, paid vacation, 1 week for 1 year experience, 2 weeks for 2-4 years experience, 42 hours of non-accumulating sick leave per year. ½ of these hours can be used as personal leave. No health, life or disability insurance is provided.
· Personal Evangelism.
· Background in Cross-Cultural Ministry.
· Conflict Mediation
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with some theological training as part of the degree or in addition to the degree.
· A minimum of 5 years of pastoral experience either as part of a church leadership staff or as senior pastor.
· Must affirm the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000.
· Must be a member of a church in cooperation with the Southern Baptist Convention.
· Send cover letter and resume to by December 8, 2017:
Mrs. Linda Mathis, Administrative Assistant
24250 Joy Road
Redford, MI 48239